Thank you for committing to participate in the 2020 Wilson Training Camp! This year Varsity and some Novice rowers will be participating, along with Varsity and Novice coaches, and parent volunteers. The camp will be held in Jacksonville, Florida the week of Feb 15th-22nd for on-the-water training and team bonding.
1) Forms -- Submit all forms (linked below) by 1/31. These include the DCPS Field Trip Permission Form, the Wilson Crew Florida Trip Conditions of Participation Form, the Wilson Crew Florida Trip Code of Conduct Form, and Emergency Contact Google Form.
The Emergency Contact Form (link below) is an online Google Doc Form that must be submitted ASAP so we know which rowers are planning to participate.
Please scan and email the completed PDF forms to Michelle Koerner at email@example.com. Forms can also be mailed to: Woodrow Wilson Crew Boosters, P.O. Box 5580, Washington DC 20016.
2) Payments -- $250 deposit (due now). Parents will be sent an invoice for the Deposit and Balance. You can also pay the deposit by check, made out to Woodrow Wilson Crew Boosters. Checks can be mailed to the P.O. Box listed above. A $750 balance is due 2/15.
3) Dues/Fundraising -- Participating rowers must be current on dues and fundraising obligations (or have spoken with Lisa Woods, Wilson Crew Co-Treasurer, about financial assistance. Lisa can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Mandatory Meeting -- There will be a mandatory information meeting for all participating rowers and their parents on Thursday, February 13th at 6:30 PM in the Wilson High School Library.
Departure/Return: Saturday, 2/15 PM buses will leave from Wilson High School for the overnight drive to Jacksonville. Buses will return to DC after a morning Scrimmage at Bolles on Saturday 2/22, with DC arrival late on 2/22 or early morning 2/23.
Daily Schedule: There will be 2 or 3 practices at the Bolles School each day. Breakfast and dinners will be at the hotel, with lunches provided at the Bolles School. Study time will be in the afternoon/evenings. There will be at least one half day spent at the beach.
Lead Parent Volunteer/Away Regatta Coordinator: Michelle Koerner (email@example.com)
Hotel: Hampton Inn South - Jacksonville, FL
4681 Lenoir Avenue South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Training Facility: The Bolles School
7400 San Jose Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Bus Company: Rome Charters
* Be sure to make note of any dietary needs/restrictions on the Emergency Contact Form.
* There will be at least one half-day outing to the beach.
* Study time will be built into the daily schedule.
* Crew parent volunteers will be in Florida as chaperones and to provide meals, logistical support and any other assistance needed.
* Buses provided by Rome Charters, and drivers have DCPS security clearance certificates.
Please contact Michelle Koerner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.